Fond of your old Complaints Procedure? Too bad. However much it hurts to lose it, it needs updating. We recommend the following checklist:
- You have in fact already updated your procedure
- You have ensured that all relevant staff have received guidance and coaching in complaints handling
- You know which categories of client have rights to action via the FOS
- You have arrangements in place to meet the new FCA reporting requirements
- You are aware of the procedures for dealing with short complaints.
- Your Terms of Business and Initial Disclosure Document make reference to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Hirett Ltd is at hand to help with all aspects of Dispute Resolution, from updating policies and procedures to staff coaching. We also provide technical assistance in reviewing any complaint and can draft an appropriate letter of response to your client.
Contact us today to arrange an initial obligation-free discussion.