1 Interview Questions & Scoring Template
[Edit to suit your business type and position needs]
Interview Guide – Part One
- Welcome to the company
- Interview those participating in this interview process. [Names, positions]
- Explain the Job and the Company:
- Explain the interview process – how much time is allotted, the review of the CV, the note taking, and the opportunity for the applicant to ask questions.
Personal and Rapport Building Questions
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your current employment?
- Do you know anything about the company and what we do here? (applicants should have researched your firm and what you do)
- Describe to us what attracted you to this position? How do you see this role fitting in with your long-term career objectives?
- Walk us through your CV and tell us about the most important experiences you’ve had that show you are suitable for this position. (Listen for what will set this candidate apart from other applicants)
Job Specific Questions
- Describe your experiences with [list the main tasks from your job description].
- What do you see as your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What did you accomplish in your current position to make you suitable for this position?
- Describe a recent task or project that you worked on with others in your organization?
a.What was your role, what challenges did you encounter and how did it turn out?
- This position requires the use of [describe skills, knowledge, qualifications etc relevant to the role].
a.How would you rate your skill level in these areas?
b.Can you describe the most complex work you’ve done using these skills and/or your knowledge of this industry in the past?
- This position works [list your work hours/days] Are there barriers to meeting that requirement?
- What are your salary expectations?
- If you were offered this position, when could you start work?
- Are there questions about this company or this opportunity that we can answer for you?
Interview Guide – Part Two
- Make sure you have contact information for references.
- Tell the candidate when you expect to have a final hiring decision and how that will be communicated.
- Thank the person for coming for the interview.
Interview Guide – Part Three – Interviewer’s Evaluation of Applicant
1.1 Evaluation Form
This evaluation form can be completed after each interview. Rate all the items that relate to the requirements of the job, but only those items. Compare ratings to other applicants to show successful candidate.
Recommend for Hire: ______ Not a Match: _______ No Decision Yet: _____
Interviewer Signature: Title: Date: