[Click here to enter text.] Date: 01 August 2020
[5 Great House Meadows] Your Ref: [Your Reference] [5 Great House Meadows] Our Ref: [Our Reference] [5 Great House Meadows] Your Contact: [Name] [5 Great House Meadows] Mobile: 0000000000
[5 Great House Meadows] Email: [Email Address]
By Email Only:
- We are a private limited company registered in England & Wales with company number 09079968. Our registered office is International House, 10 Churchill Way, Cardiff CF10 2DX. We are a regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and our FCA number is [insert details].
- You can find out more about the FCA and view the professional rules which apply to us on the FCA website: fca.org.uk. Please note that owing to our professional duties there are some limits on what we can do to help clients achieve their goals. We cannot, for example, break the law, act in a conflict of interest, mislead the Tribunal or Court or act in a manner deemed ‘unethical’ by our regulator.
3. Responsibility for your case
The person responsible for all of the work on your case is [ ]. You should contact [ ]by telephone or email for advice, updates and all other matters in relation to your case.
You will pay a fixed fee of £[fee].
The fixed fee will cover the following work: [details of work] In addition to the fixed fee you will pay:[details of extras such as experts’ fees, travel expenses] If there are any additional experts’ fees to be paid, we will inform you of those fees when they arise. We will inform you when the fees need to be paid.
We do not charge VAT.
5. How long will it take to complete?
As a rough estimate, we expect your matter to take between [X] and [Y] to complete. By
‘complete’ we mean [insert details].
6. Distance Selling Regulations
If we have not met with you in person then Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply to this work. This means you have the right to cancel your instructions to us within seven working days of receiving this letter. You can cancel your instructions by contacting us by post or email to this office. Once we have started work on your file, you will be charged for the work that we have done if you then cancel your instructions.
7. Your responsibilities
You agree to:
- comply with These Terms;
- provide us with information relating to your matter in a timely, clear and accurate manner. Information provided to us must not be false or misleading. We will not generally verify the information provided unless you expressly ask us to do so;
- tell us straight away of any change in your contact details;
- pay all of our bills and other charges in accordance with These Terms;
- not ask us to do anything which would breach our legal, professional or regulatory duties;
8. Communicating with you and business hours
Most clients prefer to use email for written communications, even though email may not be secure. You consent to us corresponding with you by email and relying upon communications coming from your email account unless you tell us otherwise in writing.
We take reasonable steps to minimise the risk of our email or computer systems carrying a virus or similar harmful items.
You agree to also take reasonable steps to properly secure your communications with us and protect the email and computer systems used for your matter. This is important in order to protect your rights and funds. You can learn more about staying safe and secure online including good password practice at https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk
We will not accept any instructions from you to alter your banking details or instructions on where money should be sent if received by email. This is due to the risk of fraud by someone impersonating you to divert your money to him or her or instead of you. We reserve the right to take the time to confirm such instructions with you personally by telephone and by other reasonable means before acting on such instructions. Similarly, you agree not to rely upon any change of bank details notified to you in relation to our firm including by email even if it appears to come from our firm.
Fraudsters can convincingly impersonate email accounts. If you receive any such email purportedly from us or any other suspicious looking communication which appears to be from us, please call us on a known number to speak to us immediately. We will not be liable for any losses or damage resulting from funds being sent to an incorrect account or for the interception of payments made in the normal manner.
We are normally open between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday to Friday except for bank holidays. While our staff may sometimes respond to communications and work outside of our normal office hours this is entirely at our discretion and we would ask you to respect that there will be times when we are not available.
If you are an organisation of some form rather than an individual, we will generally take instructions from the individual named in our client care statement. We reserve the right to insist upon sight of a formal resolution by the client organisation as to whom shall instruct us in the future in the event of potentially conflicting instructions from different individuals connected to a client organisation and any question as to from whom we should take instructions.
As a firm we wish to support and promote equality and diversity. If it would assist you for our services to be delivered in a different way, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will investigate how we can assist. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy, which includes information on reasonable adjustments, is available upon request.
9. How to get started
Please read this information, and the attached agreement carefully. Our terms include important details about how we use your information, our professional indemnity insurance, anti-money laundering procedures and complaints procedures. If you are happy to work with us on this basis then please could you:
- Sign and return to us the slip below to confirm you are happy for us to act;
- [Send us a payment on account of £X to get started (details of how to pay are attached)]
- [Make an appointment at the office to bring in your passport / driver’s licence and a recent utility bill of bank statement. We need this information to comply with legal and professional rules and are grateful for your ]
10. Next steps
As soon as you have done this we can get started. We’ll let you know once we have begun work. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss this information or would like it in a different format.
I have read the Client Care Information Sheet and the attached Agreement and accept the terms as detailed.